Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship,
Delivery time 2-5 workdays (Germany),
appr. 5-14 workdays (EU),
appr. 14-50 workdays (International)
- Order number: KC10057_PCB
With most modern kits its hard to say what it takes to get a beautiful, working mechanical keyboard. But the Plaid - designed by Takuya Urakawa - is a feature complete ortholinear 40% mechanical keyboard that has nothing to hide.
Unlike the original Plaid Kit the Plaid Gold Kit offers additional switch options as well as an updated USB-C connection while maintaining the accessibility of the build. It features only easy-to-solder through hole components, but is still fully equiped with everything you need to use it on a daily basis. If you need an additional macropad the Plaid-Pad will be the perfect companion.
- Through-hole components
- 4x12 ortholinear layout
- MX Style (3 or 5 pin), Choc, or Choc V2 switches
- Easy change the keymap with VIAL GUI, no coding required
- QMK, VIA and VIAL compatible Microcontroller Unit (ATMEGA328P)
- USB-C connectivity
- Bottom plate with two different artworks on both sides
- Main PCB, top and bottom plate
- All required solder components
- Transparent acrylic guard plate (3mm)
- Brass spacers and screws
- Self adhesive rubber feet
For transport the acryl guard plate has a bluish protection film applied, which should be removed before assembly.
The USB-C can be difficult to solder properly without using flux. If you want me to do it for you add the USB-C Soldering Service.
- 48x MX or Choc switches
- USB-C cable
- Slotted screwdriver
- Soldering equipment
You optionally need:
- 2U Stabilizer (No Plate mount!)
- Plaid dampening foam
- Soldering Guide
You can follow the Build-Guide for the normal Plaid pcb. The only differnece are the two additional resistors (R9 & R10 are 5.1kOhm).
- Installing the bottom PCB and acrylic cover
The case assembly is very similiar to the Plaid-Pad. Here is a video of it.
- How to enter Bootloader Mode
Photos of the completed kit are for demonstration purposes only. Please note that this kit must be assembled (soldering) and does not include switches or keycaps.