Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship,
Delivery time 2-5 workdays (Germany),
appr. 5-14 workdays (EU),
appr. 14-50 workdays (International)
- Order number: KC10057_PCB
Gold Edition features:
- USB-C connector
- MX and Choc switch support
- Gold plated solder pads
Bootloader and VIA keymap already flashed on the ATMEGA328p chip.
Plaid Gold Kit's shipped before 11.09.2020 are flashed with the QMK Default Keymap.
To use VIA, compile the VIA Keymap with the following command and flash it with QMK Toolbox on the Plaid (enter Bootloader Mode).
qmk compile -kb dm9records/plaid -km via
Solder parts on the pcb, connect it with a pc and start typing.
- only through-hole components
- 4x12 ortholinear layout
- Grid & MIT layout
- ONLY for PCB mount Cherry MX compatible switches (5pin) or Kailh Choc (Low Profile)
- for plate mounted switch (3 pin) you need a top plate (acylic or carbon)
- QMK firmware compatible (update firmware with USB cable)
- MCU: ATMEGA328p
- Main PCB
- Bottom pcb or bottom acrylic plate 3mm (with logo engraved)
- Solder parts
- Transparent acrylic guard plate 2mm (has bluish protection film)
- Brass screws and spacer
You can follow the Build-Guide for the normal Plaid pcb. The only differnece are the two additional resistors (R9 & R10 are 5.1kOhm).
The usb-c connector is a bit difficult to solder. I can do it for you. "Soldering service for USB-C connector"
You also need:
- 48x switches
- USB-C cable
- Slotted screwdriver
- Soldering iron
Photos of the completed kit are for demonstration purposes only.
Please note that this kit must be assembled (soldering) and does not include switches or keycaps.
PCB design by Takuya Urakawa