Krytox GPL (general-purpose lube) 205 grade 0 is a high performance grease that is extensively utilized to lubricate mechanical keyboard switches, controller components and joysticks.
1 QTY = 1x 5ml tube 9g (enough for 200-400 switches)
- Viscosity: high
- Recommended for: linears, tactiles (high-tactility), silent switches and stabilizers
- Effect: deeper acoustic, smooth press, reducing tactility
Due to the viscosity of the grease, GPL 205 is recommended for linear-switches and Topre.
- Highly stable and non-migrating grease for linear-switch or Topre
- Elimination of “scratching” sound and other undesirable acoustic properties
- Elimination of any undesirable tactile properties such as spring jitter
- Easy to apply and significantly reduces wear
Krytox GPL 205 grade 0 differs from the standard GPL 205 grade 2 due to its softer grease properties and unique PTFE thickener. Krytox™ lubricants are extremely stable and fully fluorinated lubricants that do not migrate. Its non-migrating properties make it easy to apply and will eliminate negative acoustic and tactile results often associated with newer switches and keys. It’s zero motility property is also important for protecting against the grease from moving to an undesirable area and creating a short within the controller of the mechanical keyboard. Mechanical keyboard switches often have imperfections in their molding process which results in acoustic and tactile malfunctions and inconsistencies. Grade 0 lubricants optimize and normalize these imperfections to eliminate the scratching sound and irregular movement often associated with newer keys caps. GPL 205 grade 0 also allows the keys to wear more uniformly and extend the lifetime of the switches.