Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time 1-3 workdays (Germany)
appr. 5-14 workdays (International)
- Order number: KC10021
This is a plate case for the open source split keyboard Corne.
Holes for the standoff are M2 size.
- 2x Top plates 100% Carbon (1.5mm thick)
- 2x Bottom plates 100% Carbon (1.5mm thick)
- 2x Acrylic Oled cover (1.5mm thick), after removing the blue protection tape, the cover is colorless
- 8x Black rubber feeds
- 28x M2 4mm brass screws
- 4x M2 8mm brass spacer
- 10x M2 5mm brass spacer (for Choc)
- 10x M2 8mm brass spacer (for MX)
Great but beware of shorts !
Overall it's a really good product, but it got 2 cons :
- It can short pins, nothing dramatic but I've wondered why I had 2 keystrokes when I pressed one key, turns out you have to put tape on the plate underneath the switchs if your solder points touch the plate (it's not a systematic thing).
- It is carbon fiber, but it's not really woven, it's a hydrodip (paintjob) but it's not really noticeable.
- the swiches snaps on it because it's 1,5mm, which is better than with the acrylic plate
- you gain 1,5mm less of height overall because the backplate is also 1,5mm instead of 3mm for acrylic
- the sound is way less muffled than with the acrylic plate
Overall I highly recommend those plates, just put tape inside the backplate and you're good to go :)